Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Friends Farwell

I have dreamt about you lately
It startles me to no end
We are both at different points now
Yet this dream has no end
Your there I am there
But so are the other two
You hold me
You assure me
But still I can’t quite understand
Only in my dreams will we remain friend
Only in my dreams can it be like it once was
For life has taken its course
It’s a great course
Oh how we drifted oh how we grew
So proud I am but tears still come
Why
I still have no answer
I need to say goodbye my friend
I need to let you go
The friendship out weighed the lover
But the past can not be undone
An important role you played
An ending must be created
No more
No longer
Please turn into a distance memory that sleeps forever
My lesson is that there are boundaries
I am desirable and I deserve the best
Know that you were loved
Friendship was our greatest virtue
Sometimes friendships have expiration
Our is at that point
Farwell



No comments: